Stylish VR dueling simulator Broken Edge is getting a PlayStation VR2 port soon.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
In Broken Edge, players embody one of nine fighters and challenge opponents to thrilling duels in eye-popping, dream-like landscapes. Players can utilize diverse melee weapons, distinctive martial art playstyles and state-of-the-art fencing mechanics to beat the opposition. Those who conquer their adversaries and emerge victorious will earn a coveted place on the worldwide leaderboard.
“With the power and unique features of Sony’s PlayStation VR2, this enhanced version of Broken Edge will offer even more fluid and visceral sword fighting,” said Guillaume Perreault Roy, Game Director at TREBUCHET. “With PS VR2’s adaptive triggers, you’ll notice the tension as you unsheathe your blade, and with its haptic feedback, you’ll feel the impact of clashing steel. Coupled with its distinctively vibrant landscapes, Broken Edge on PS VR2 is a captivating virtual reality experience fit for apprentices and seasoned swordsmen alike.”
Broken Edge is optimized for PS VR2 with the following features:
- Adaptive Triggers: Experience realistic resistance when gripping the hilt or unsheathing the blade.
- Haptic Feedback: Feel the impact of every swing, clash, and connected hit.
- Eye-Tracking: Focus on in-game actions and interactions with little distraction to hone sword-fighting skills.
- PlayStation Trophies: Earn rewards for mastering the art of the sword and defeating opponents.
- New Fighter: Once a respected Samurai, a masterless warrior, unbound and untamed – meet the Ronin!
Broken Edge promises to make full use of the PlayStation VR2’s features to deliver an immersive and stylish dueling experience.
Broken Edge is available on Microsoft Windows (through Steam), and will come to PlayStation VR2 on September 19, 2023.