Exoprimal has been teasing its new Alpha variant exosuits for a while, and now, they are finally available.
Here’s a rundown on the new update:
Exosuit variants are equipped with unique weapon loadouts that contrast with the standard models. These alterations change the effective combat range of suits and provide more freedom of choice, allowing Exofighters to discover fresh playstyles and develop entirely new strategies.
The 10 Alpha variant Exosuits deploying in Title Update 1 today include:
- Deadeye Alpha: Burst Fire – This model sports a shotgun with a short-range spread that focuses into a five-shot burst while aiming down sights, offering offensive options for any distance.
- Zephyr Alpha: Energy Chakram – Unlike its melee-focused counterpart, this Zephyr aims to keep a distance from foes, as its projectiles grow more powerful in mid-range fights.
- Barrage Alpha: Rocket Hop – This model packs a rocket launcher, which can be charged to deal more damage and cause explosions that also allow it to leap high into the air.
- Vigilant Alpha: Marksman – The highly maneuverable Marksman wields a semi-auto rifle that spits a stream of single-fire projectiles. One out of every few shots also packs an extra punch!
- Roadblock Alpha: Fortress Shield – This Roadblock variant features an arm-mounted shotgun and a detachable shield, which enables it to defend one area while fighting in another.
- Krieger Alpha: Charge Shotgun – This model trades its minigun for a chargeable shotgun that can fire wide-range scatter shots or powerful compressed blasts that will send foes flying.
- Murasame Alpha: Frost Glaive – The Frost Glaive unleashes a counterattack that emits waves of ice and freezes enemies in their tracks, making them vulnerable to follow-up attacks.
- Witchdoctor Alpha: Duality Beam – This suit fires energy beams that heal allies and harm foes. The longer a beam connects with its target, the stronger its effect becomes.
- Skywave Alpha: Thunder Clap – This model summons lightning from above to paralyze its foes. These bolts can also be charged to hail down powerful targeted strikes.
- Nimbus Alpha: Double Barrel – Brandishing two types of shotguns, this variant can both heal and deal damage with a sizable spread shot that gets more potent at close range.
These Exosuit variants are playable in both the main game mode, Dino Survival, and Savage Gauntlet, the 5-player co-op time-attack mode that introduces new challenges each week.
If you want to know more, read our full review for Exoprimal here.
Exoprimal is available on PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, and Microsoft Windows (Through Steam).